Friday 20 April 2012

It has been a week since I took on this new role. What's it like? Very satisfying indeed. One thing's for sure...no regrets at all. Being there for the kids sure has its own rewards. It may not be in monetary terms...but is does bring a whole lot of satisfaction. Not a glamorous job to some people but I know that it is the best job for me.  

People might be wondering why on earth I chose to let go of what I had...a job with a credible organisation with attractive pay and perks. Well, it's simply because I decided that my priority is my family. It was definitely a tough decision to make but it sure is a decision that I am proud of. Not many people would be willing to make the same decision I must say. 

So my routine has been very different from what I have been doing for the past 10+ years. Now it includes preparing breakfast (and not forgetting lunch box), sending kids to school, settling house chores, fetching kids from school, overseeing kids' homework, revision and play time, preparing tea break, preparing dinner and etc. Still a full-time job isn't it? Just not in the office environment. 

Well, I'm happy with where I am now and I hope to continue to be an excellent housewife. 

No comments:

Post a Comment